Like us on Facebook

 photo Final-About.png photo Final-MenuYA.png photo Final-MenuGoAway.png photo Final-MenuContact.png

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The Dream Thieves, According to The Man



Sometimes I like to recommend books I love to The Man, and sometimes he reads them even though they don’t all have fighting scenes or superheroes or sports.

I asked him to read The Raven Boys.

“Yeah, it was good,” he said like that’s it. Good.

I bullied him into reading suggested he read The Dream Thieves.

“It was good,” he said.

“Better than good,” I said, thinking of the strain between Adam and Ronan, Adam and Gansey, Adam and everyone.

“I felt bad for Adam,” he said. “Like, his dad beats him, then he goes to see Blue, who won’t kiss him. So he’s like, ‘Why won’t you kiss me?’ And she’s like, ‘If I kiss my true love he’ll die.’ And he’s like, ‘Oh.’ And she’s like, ‘But the real reason is because I know it’s not you.’ And then she scampers up the hill with Gansey where they, like, rub faces.”

He shrugged.

“But I like the cars.”

No comments:

Post a Comment